One of the important benefits of selecting e-learning over other forms of training is the capability to include various types of content through different types of media including animations. You must be thinking about why you should include animations in the e-learning courses. From simplifying information to making content more relatable to improve learning outcomes, animation for e learning offers a wide range of benefits. So let’s have a look.
Benefits of e-Learning Animation for the Learners:
1. Animation is engaging: One of the major goals of any training content, module or course is to engage the learner. Without engaging the learning, it is unlikely that they will understand the topic properly. Therefore, it is essential to add contents that captivate the attention of the learner. Animation is engaging and most people would prefer to watch a 60-90 second animation rather than read an article.
2. Learners are acquainted with the idea of animation: The learners competing in the e-learning courses will also be accustomed to animations. They can easily encounter them on social media when browsing the internet. This familiarity helps in breaking down the barriers between the course’s content and the learner to get them involved with the course easily.
3. Simplifying complex information: This is one of the major advantages of animation in general and it indeed applied to e-learning situations too. With the help of eLearning animation, you can offer the learner with sound, speech, text on the screen, static images, graphs, CTA, and much more, all within a 60-second video. This allows one to explain even the most complex topics in a better way.
4. Effective in setting a tone: Adding animation to any e-learning course makes it much easy to set the right tone associated with other forms of content. For instance, it is quite difficult with text or an image to encourage learners to get on board with a new idea, inspire them to enhance performance, or appeal to them to change behavior. This becomes much easier with animation, especially in relation to sounds and voiceovers.
5. The best way of introducing original concepts: It is an extremely effective way to use animation in e-learning so that one can familiarize a new concept. This can be one of the most challenging aspects of curating e-learning courses. If the concept introduction does not go well, you can risk losing the interest and engagement of the learner for good.
6. Concise method of presenting information: Concepts and notions, which need paragraphs of text to explain, can be really challenging for many learners. However, you will find you can often replace those paragraphs of text with a short animation, which gets the same information access.
7. Enables multi-sensory learning: Those learners respond better to multi-sensory experiences where they feel more connected to the content, which is shown to them. You can easily achieve this with animations.
8. Make knowledge more accessible: As learners complete your e-learning course, they want to learn different techniques. For example, some can respond to reading and rote learning, but others won’t. Animation attracts many learners irrespective of the pace of learning or content preference. Thus, animation can make content easily accessible.
9. Makes content more relatable: Most of the time, animation helps in making the content more personal and relatable. The learners thus easily engage with the animation and get a better understanding of the information you are presenting. In this, one can present a character with a real problem that then uses new knowledge as well as skills to find a solution. This is one of the more effective than presenting the information without a story.
If you want your learners to engage in your content, then contact us, as we can help you with the right solution.
How To Make Your Own Whiteboard Animation using Free Software
Rise of 3D Animation in The Cinematic Universe- Good or Bad