On Page SEO is considered the very fundamental part of optimizing a website and getting indexed on various search engines. Without doing on page SEO of a website, one can not rank it on SERPs. Google has been constantly rolling out new search algorithm updates for the past several months. These updates affected the ranking of numerous websites and are continuously affecting the ones which do not meet the requirements of these google algorithm updates. The latest updates revolve around the content present on the webpages and focus on the users’ preferences. In this article, we are going to discuss these preferences and the best on-page SEO techniques to benefit your website. We will also discuss “to-do” and “not-to-do” things as well. So, kindly go through the article below.
Note: I have shared these On Page SEO techniques with you after implementing them myself. They have worked for me and given me the results.
Focus Points of Google’s Latest Search Algorithms
Google’s latest search algorithms focus on the quality and meaningfulness of the content. These are described below:
- Each and every sentence present on the website must convey some information to the user relevant to the webpage.
- Inserting keywords anywhere is not necessary now. It may be inserted without decreasing the quality and meaningfulness of content.
- The content should be user friendly and utilizable. It should not be only about stuffing keywords.
What Should You Focus On While Doing On-Page SEO?
The basic and most crucial part of On Page SEO is the content present on the page. The developer, content creator, or SEO professional must focus on what he is going to serve to the users across the web. Whether it is a blog article, a movie review page, world news, sports, general knowledge post, product or service page, a brand profile, or anything else. One must pay attention to provide true and engaging information to the users. Below are given some points that one should pay attention to while creating content:
- Use Headings and Sub Headings wisely and uniformly.
- Try to include your keywords in the subheadings without disturbing the content relevancy.
- Do not repeat the keyword before completing a word length of 50 until necessary.
- Instead of repeating the keyword, break it into phrases or words, and include it in the paragraph.
- For example, you can break “best digital marketing agency in India” into “best digital marketing”, “marketing agency”, “best agency in India”, and “Digital marketing in India” and use them separately in the content.
- This makes the content revolve around your keyword and offer true information.
- “No Plagiarism” is always a must.
- The required content length is a minimum of 300 words but keeping competition in mind you should extend this limit to at least 500 words.
- Try to include related search terms displayed at the end of Google Search Engine Result Pages in your content.
- Use appropriate images for illustration or thumbnails and fill up the image alt text. This helps to optimize the image as well.
Other Things To Take Care Of:
- Analyze your website for errors like 404, 403, 501, etc., and omit them.
- Always use SEO optimized title and description for your webpages.
- Make your website mobile friendly and keep the loading time below 5 seconds.
- If you have 2 or 3 keywords then you can include them in your title using forward-slash (/), comma (,), and other symbols.
- For Example, if you have these three keywords: “top digital marketers in India”, “best digital marketers in Delhi” and “best online marketers”. Then you can make your Page Title as- “Top/Best Digital or Online Marketers in Delhi, India”.
- This will allow you to include all the keywords without exceeding the title length limit of 60 characters.
Tools To Use For On Page SEO:
For choosing the most fruitful keywords you may go for:
- Google Adwords Keyword Planner
- Google Trends (trends.google.com)
For analyzing your website for all kind of errors and issues I would like to suggest 3 tools (paid):
You may go for any one of them but as per my experience, I will always choose Moz Pro. For exploring backlinks, domain links, follow links, and etc, the best tools are:
- Moz Pro
For checking the SEO and Content quality of your webpage, you may use:
- Yoast SEO
- All In One SEO
These are basically WordPress plugins but can be installed on other platform websites as well using coding.
Thanks for visiting Very First Fact and reading this article. If you find this content useful, then kindly leave feedback in the comment section below.